vendredi 2 septembre 2016

Should I offer health insurance so that I can cover my wife's cancer treatment ASAP ?

I have a small business in WA with one part-time employee, and I get my health insurance (along with my kids) thru my wife's job. She needs expensive cancer treatment ASAP not covered by her insurance (we have used up all covered in-network treatment options).

Cancer treatment/trials run in the $100k, and we cannot wait until Open Enrollment in November to start coverage in January, so we don't want to go the individual insurance route, but try our options from the small business perspective, since I understand there are apparently no time limitations for enrollment.

Do I have to pay for my employee insurance in order to cover my wife's treatment? If he doesn't want insurance, do I just need to document it, and I can get coverage for my wife? I wish we could still keep her existing coverage for our kids. Would she need to stop insurance coverage completely from her employer in order to START the new coverage, or can we keep the existing insurance for all of us in parallel?

We need to figure this out ASAP, so thank you for any responses and suggestions you might have.

RobE


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire