samedi 14 septembre 2013

DBA and S Corp

I currently have an S - Corp. for a Home Inspection Corp I run. I am in the process of obtaining a patent for an idea unrelated to the business. I wanted to start a DBA for the Patent, so, I have the ability to pay for the process through the DBA and write off the expenses. I also will have royalties to pay a marketing company, that I thought would be easier to do from a corporate standpoint. If it is successful I do not want any possible claim made against my home inspection business to involve the finances of my patent.

Bottom line am I better off with a separate bank account for both as well as a separate corp. identity? If so, does it need to be done prior to spending money on the patent and marketing end of things or can I wait and see if it is in fact successful?





Thanks for the help,

Dan Malin





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/accounting-taxes/9698-dba-s-corp.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire