lundi 18 novembre 2013

Regulations for producing consumables in a home-based business

I am currently formulating an herbal remedy that will be deliverable via a spray bottle to the mouth. What sort of regulations do I need to look out for in terms of producing a consumable product out of my home? I assume there are both federal and local regulations. I'm in Massachusetts if anyone has experience doing anything similar here.



I know I will be exempt from a nutrition label, and I plan on printing ingredients on the bottle. Given that I am marketing it as an herbal or natural remedy, I assume I wil need to put the typical "these claims not endorsed by the FDA" label on there as well. Will I need to establish a dedicated area of preparation, or simply be able to show I bring my work area up to a certain standard of cleanliness when I produce and package my product?



If anyone has been in a similar boat and has any links to specific regulation, I would greatly appreciate them. I've been trying to search through the FDA website, but I've found it hard to discern what is and is not applicable to me. Thanks!





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/legal-hr/10250-regulations-producing-consumables-home-based-business.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire