lundi 25 novembre 2013

POS advice!! Need a SIMPLE program!

Okay so Im wondering if someone here can help me.



As I wrote in my intro thread, I am helping run a menswear boutique in Zurich. As things stand right now we are making all transactions with a cash register from the 90's. Bookkeeping is a nightmare -having to manually input everything into the computer, I am sure you can imagine. Besides the fact we can't even get it serviced anymore.



I want to change over to a digital system. I have a spare laptop and if neceesary android tablet and a cash drawer so in terms of hardware I am basically set.



I have researched software for POS. My needs are simle. I need a program where I can input price, select BASIC category (for example: "suit", "pants", "shoes", etc, but not exactly which model was purchased.) Till now every program I looked at works on inventory. One would need to PREprogram the items in the store along with the prices and by the checkout simply select the item. This is not practical for my store. We do not have the resources or time to build a digital inventory and since we are a small shop with multiple orders & merchandise arriving daily, the amount of time it would take to input every single delivery would waste more time than it would save and likely clog up the workflow. It is a small business and any one manning the register can be trusted to get the correct price.



My question is this: Can anyone here reccommend a very basic POS program that allows one to:

* simply type in the item cost for numerous items by each transaction

*export to a bookkeeping program

* i imagine much can be found for free but im willing to pay as long as its not much. With such a simple program i would expect it to not cost much.

* be able to work with credit card reader and cash drawer

* I live in zurich so I would need a program that could offer alternative currencies

*compatible with either windows pc or android.





Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.



Thanks in advance,



Penny





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/accounting-taxes/10303-pos-advice-need-simple-program.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire