vendredi 6 décembre 2013

Have my new business up and running but looking for some help.

Hey everyone,



Long story short my family has had a family owned business for 25+ years. I am 22 years old and graduating On December 14th. Our business is automotive customization specializing in window tint, car audio/ video, truck accessories (lift kits, led lights, steps, toolboxes, etc.). Our original location is in midland, Texas and it is doing very well. We recently purchased a second location in the DFW area, and are planning on opening at the beginning of January. I will be running and managing this store and will be the only employ for awhile, which that does not bother me i have been around this type of work my whole life and i am comfortable with that.



With that being said i have been trying to get everything in line to get ready to open. Currently at our original location, my dad basically does everything by papers. Tickets, invoices, etc. At our new location i would like to get more with the times and use technology to our advantage. I have created our new website, which you can see at Custom Affects. After i got a ridiculous quote from a website building company, i laughed and figured out how to make my own site. So i at least have somewhere for potential customers to go check out some of our work, but i will post a thread in the marketing section later on about my questions in that topic.



My main concern though is how to track inventory. We have a lot of stereo equipment, truck accessories, etc that are constantly changing so i need a fairly easy way to track this. I currently put all my different brands of audio equipment in a excel spreadsheet and then went there and put how much of each quantity i have, but as you can imagine this is time consuming, and if im constantly buying and selling product i will be spending alot of time trying to keep that up to date.



I also am trying to get some type of barcode system in place. I would ideally like to receive my products, put a barcode on it and put it out on our display floor. When a customer brings it up to the register then just scan the barcode and price and all that would be pulled up right away that way i dont have to go check my spreadsheet and see how much each item is.



Im posting in this section simply because i am still trying to get up and running, so any feedback would be appreciated.





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/starting-your-business/10378-have-my-new-business-up-running-but-looking-some-help.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire