vendredi 24 janvier 2014

can sole proprietor allocate revenue to S-Corp?

Greetings! I have operated a business as a sole proprietor for several years.

In Feb. 2013, I formed an S-Corp for the same business. I am the only shareholder. I did not close the sole proprietorship.

I only opened a bank account in the S-Corp name in May.

I received revenue in sole proprietor name up to September. About 60% of revenue for the year was paid to sole proprietor.

I paid expenses, including some of the equipment purchases, some of the rent and most of the 1099-misc payments to contractors as sole proprietor.

Both entities use cash method accounting.



My question is: can I allocate any of the revenue and expenses in the sole proprietorship name to the S-Corp? I would much rather allocate everything to the S-Corp if possible.

Can I simply create a 2013 1099-misc to allocate the sole proprietor revenue to the S-Corp and transfer the funds to the S-Corp?

I would rather distribute 2013 1099-misc to contractors in the S-Corp name. Can I allocate such expenses to the S-Corp if paid by sole proprietor?





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://ift.tt/1mCTQ1p

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire