samedi 18 janvier 2014

Opening a retail store in 2014, Advice appreciated

I'm looking to start a buy/sell video game and movie store in a rural village setting. My only problem is my lack of business experience! What do I need (besides inventory) to get this started? Capital, I have just over $30,000 ready, will this be enough to get started? As for inventory I have over 20,000 products available from NES cartridges to Blu-ray Discs. Additionally I'm going to continue scouring classified ads and ebay listings for more inventory. I've even begun scouting for a storefront, which I have my eyes on a 16'x16' space right in the center of town - approx $350/mo plus utilities.



As for competition, this is a small town where broadband internet hasn't been routed to yet (only option is satellite internet which only few residents have) and the nearest store to sell movies/games is about 40 miles away. Additionally this is a high tourist area in the summer time so business is likely to pick up then.



I should probably point out that I will not hire employees, I will be the sole proprietor of this store.



The most important things I have no idea how to go about acquiring are business permits, Tax ID #s. Is there anything else I need to know before signing a lease?





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://ift.tt/1mo9Dng

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire