mercredi 29 janvier 2014

Need help from business owners

Hi everyone.



I'm doing market research for the business I want to start up. It is shaving supplies (straight razors, brushes, soaps etc). I recently got into wet shaving and I'm hooked on it. It's an art. I contacted suppliers and have a price lists and everything I need from them.

Now this is my question,



I contacted a local mall and was told for the CART it is going to cost me 3000$ a month PLUS 10% of gross sales once you break even with your rent. That just blew my mind. Reason I wanted to start with mall cart is because inventory doesn't have to be huge and you get thousands of customers walking thru the mall a day. That cuts down on marketing a lot in my opinion.



On the other hand I could rent a small shop for around 800$ in the city downtown. It gets quite busy during summer time. Now I have to purchase all the equipment to start a store and my inventory has to be a lot bigger so the store doesn't look empty. Also parking is not available close to any of the stores downtown.



So my question is what do you guys that have a business think. If I go to the mall and get sales I can easily move and open a store once you have your regulars. I think a lot more people are going to see your product at the mall and bigger chance to make a sale. If I go with the store it may takes months to build clientele. Another thing in the mall that doesn't makes sense to me is how other carts survive. People that sell sunglasses,avon,jewellery (cheap kind),phone cases etc. How many you have to sell a day just to cover your rent ? It doesn't make any sense to me.



I will be opening web store as well but not really relying on having big sales on it since there is quite a few stores online.



Any info would be really appreciated.



Thanks in advance,

ItFlush





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://ift.tt/1k7fVpr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire