vendredi 24 janvier 2014

Starting a Business?! READ THIS

Hey All,



This is a rant for all of you who are starting a business.



Everyday coming home from the office I would see people working on this new pizza drive-thru. I got excited (I always get excited when I see new businesses opening up) thinking about how good this pizza will be compared to the other 10 pizza shops within 2 minutes of us.



So, one day I drove by and it was open for business. Actually, I was kind of disappointed. Why was I disappointed? Because, I never knew when this pizza shop was opening. I never saw an ad in the local paper. Never received a postcard that they were opening. Never saw a sign on their building of when they would be open. Hmm... something was wrong.



That something is.... MARKETING. They didn't do ANY marketing. Nothing, nadda, zip. I live a mile down the road and they failed to market to me. I've been in touch with the business owners and they said they got caught up on the "business side of things" and failed to market. They set themselves up for failure before they even started.



They did put a little, tiny, black and white ad (no call to action) in the local paper. The owners told me they put an ad in the paper, so the day I got the paper I looked for it. Guess what? I didn't see it! Then, I decided look more closely and I found it this time!! I thought it was some kind of joke. If I was looking for it and missed it, how many people actually show it that were not looking for it?? Oh, and the cherry on top... the ad was blurry! I told them to get their money back.



Then.... I found out they have a mobile app. I looked into it and they paid between $2,000 and $5,000 for this app. Ugh. How is any supposed to know about this app if they don't even know your business exists?!!!



Ugh. So, the point of this rant, for all of you who are starting a business, is for all of you to market, Market, MARKET!! Market your business. Market your business before it opens. Market your business when you're open. Market your business 24/7. MARKET MARKET MARKET!!!!



Ok. That's it. I'm done.





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://ift.tt/1huiRe9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire