mercredi 10 août 2016

Finding a blend of investor and mentor

First post here, I've been a lurker for awhile. Really enjoy the discourse this board provides.

I'll get to the point. I'm interested in finding a blend of investor and mentor. The amount being sought is not great ($25,000), but more important than the seed funds are the engagement of a mentor - someone who has been on this journey before. I'm loathe to get a loan from a bank, although I do have assets as collateral. I also am not interested in giving up a significant ownership stake.

I'd gladly give the right person a 10% share of the business if they were active in mentoring me. The B plan for this biz is strong, it has a very real prospect of being a $1 million + business by 2018 (recurring monthly revenue model, low churn, reasonable cost per acquisition for new customers, etc).

How do you go about finding the "right" investor? People who are interested in the "give back" but also in seeing a real return on their investment. Many angels are looking to invest hundreds of thousands in turn for making millions on tech it seems. Are there angels that even operate with such low stakes?

Thanks in advance to all who decide to participate with replies!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire