vendredi 25 avril 2014

Asset management software?

Hi,



I am no small business owner, but this is the only place I could find somehow related info..

I work for a webhosting company, having 2 different physical locations for the datacenters.

I need to come up with a solution for asset management/inventory.

We have servers, that usually come in and stay for at least 3-4 years, so there is no movement, no sale. If they go out they go to the e-garbage collection.



I have an excel file with all the hardware parts, servers, cards, with serial numbers, location, purchase order, date of going in production, warranty, and several other related piece of info.

I was thinking about a bar code scanner (the servers/hardware parts have their own barcodes), one in each location, info to be uploaded into a server, so at any moment if I need info regarding a particular part, to know exactly where it is.



I know there is software doing that, but I don't seem to get the right one..

I don't know how to take advantage of my excel file having all the info that I gathered, all the programs that I have tested read only one field from the csv..

I have installed then uninstalled several programs on my computer, to see what they do, but they deal more with the POS, or inventory management, when stuff goes in and out..



Does anybody from this forum use something like this? Are there any customizable software solutions?

Company is willing to pay, I have warned them that it might cost a bit :)



Thanks very much for any idea you might have!



mrs. TF




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire