dimanche 3 janvier 2016

Protecting without Patent

Hi!
I am new to the forum. I look forward to reading through the posts and getting to know all of you.

I had an idea about 12 years ago that I had some success with making and selling on ebay. I wanted to sell them on HSN but they wanted 3000 pieces and I could not make that many and did not have the money to manufacture them overseas back then.

Back then, no one was making them...but now some people/companies are but still different than mine.

I would like to protect my idea somewhat. Since others are already making them, I don't think a design patent or utility patent would be possible or necessary nor do I have any interest in taking people to court, but if I don't file a patent...can others file a patent and close my business? Are there other ways to protect your idea?

Look forward to reading your reply : )


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire