mercredi 9 avril 2014

Hire an Attorney?

I am considering starting my own company. The start up cost will be minimal. My two biggest expenses would be a lawyer and insurance. I am trying to do this as economical as possible. My business involves renting equipment to people.





So I am looking at paying an attorney to get me registered with the state $500-$600 AND create a rental agreement $700. One lawyer told me to do my own rental agreement and base it off of someone like Home Depots agreement. At first glance I thought this was horrible advice. After further thought I wondered if he was right. My thinking is at the end of the day the contract only helps so much. The main thing is proving that something was damaged during the rental and not prior to it. So things like pictures and forms for customers sign off on that everything is in good working order are more important than the contract they sign.





Registering with the state is another thing I can do myself. Both attorney's felt it takes a lot of time and frustration to do it yourself. Not sure what to think on that one. I know the $500 would be nice to have in my pocket.





What do you guys think? Are these things better off being left to the professionals?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire