mardi 19 août 2014

Clock Repair Business

Hello to everyone. Long time reader but first time posting. I enjoy working on old clocks such as the Seth Thomas mantel clocks from the 1920's or so. Working on and repairing these old clocks is almost a lost skill, not many people can do this work. The area I live in has a population of around 300,000 people. I know of only two others that even try to work on these old clocks and it seems to take them forever to actually do a repair. My idea is to start the business in my home, offer a reasonable turn around time on a repair and possibly offer to deliver the repaired clock. As far as pricing, I would have a set price to disassemble, clean, oil and reassemble the clock. Customers wouldn't have a clock repaired so they could tell what time it is, they could see the time on their cell phone, they would have it repaired because of the memories they associate with the clock. I did a search but was unable to locate anything related to clock repair. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Would you consider having an old family clock repaired if it was a quality repair? Thanks in advance for all replies.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire