vendredi 22 août 2014

Expedia Scam

This happened to me with Expedia, but I suspect most online booking services do this.



My mothers 90th birthday this weekend. I booked through Expedia for my wife and I weeks in advance. I entered the wrong date and couldn't change it online so I called them. They changed the dates and sent me a confirmation. I didn't verify the dates when I got the confirmation. My error.



So we got to the airport and the dates were wrong. I called Expedia to see what could be done. On a $1200 dollar ticket they wanted 400 dollar change fees. Not only that, they would not just charge me the $400 dollars. They said I had to buy completely new tickets and cancel the ones I originally purchased for credit that could not be applied to the tickets I already had. That would mean that they would have 2400 dollars of my money plus they will charge me 400 dollars should i use the canceled tickets within the next year. Otherwise I forfit my 1200 dollars. So they lock me into using them within the next year or forfit the money.



I'm sure this is all in the fine print so they are covered.



They also play the eternal hold game. Someone answers the phone right away. I discuss it with them and they say I need to speek with a supervisor and there is a 30 min wait. Only a supervisor can transfer you to a manager and that is another 30 min wait. Of course it was much longer than 30 minutes and I never did get a manager. I hung up and went through the process several times. I finally did get a supervisor. She told me there was nothing she could do.



I then went online and looked for reviews. I could not find one positive review for any of their services.



Apparently the strategy is if everything goes well online, things are fine. If you make an error, they try to screw you over as best they can. They usually already have your money.



My brother says he uses them only for finding itinerary. He always books through the airline directly. He fly's a lot and has not found the prices to be much different from the Expedias of the world and going to the airline direct.



Live and learn, but I would sure like to make the media aware of this.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire