lundi 27 avril 2015

Is it time I leave the corporate world?

I am a 32 year old salesman at heart and on the edge of leaving a guaranteed salary to manage our family business. Lately I have been overwhelmed with the amount of work and I finish my day mentally drained. Last year I took on this job to generate more income for myself. I opened a second hair salon/barber shop with my single mother. The shops were both steady through out the early part of the day. This left an open opportunity to fill my day with a second job. Early this year we opened our third shop. Business is good and we can maintain but now my days are really short. I handle weekly payroll, schedules, product, shop maintenance and upkeep. We have 16 employees in which i inherited all their problems as we all do in small businesses. My third shop has been doing really good but I'm afraid i don't spent as much time as i should be. I want to take the leap and become a dedicated full time barber but Im afraid as I will probably be taking a paycut for the first months until i generate a good solid customer base. I work already on the weekends and I stay busy all day. After writing this post i realized that i havent mentioned my other job. Im a foot soldier for US Foods and most of the work i do at home on the computer. Its exhausting after answering emails, riding along with our manager, creating leads and signing up customers. What do you think i should do?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire