vendredi 10 avril 2015

Young Entrepreneur is All Ears

Greetings All,



Young entrepreneur here. Ever since I graduated High School in 2008, I have been running/building a multi-facet Event Production Company where we provide Sound, Video, Lighting and Staging to Concerts, Festivals, Special Events, Weddings, Corporate Events, etc. where we communicate and 'make the sale' with Event Promoters, City/Town Officials, and people of that sort. We have been coasting along on word-of-mouth business since things started to "take off" in 2009. We've recently seen the need to expand our Coverage and Service Area. In all this time, I have put little to no effort into any Advertising/Marketing to speak of, as Word of Mouth appeared to 'make ends meet' and keep things going as needed. Now, Local competition is getting 'hairy', and we have grown to a caliber where we can compete head-to-head with other companies like us.



Again, I am young but seem to have came along way to keep a business like this afloat for this number of years. Sure, there have been some 'life lessons' along the way, but those are the best ones, right?



Facebook posting seems to be a waste of time lately. Our current page has over 800 'likes' and a post may reach anywhere from 50 to 150 people... the whole 'innerds' of Facebook seem to be pretty out of whack and don't favor the user too much. I may be using Facebook wrong... I have no idea.



I would like to hear advice, trial and error, real-world approach to 'selling our company' to unknown potentials. I have been doing direct mail and e-mail in the last month to 40 or 50 'potentials' where one or two have actually paid off, but I don't know if I am approaching it wrong, not enough... maybe the approach appealed to those two customers. This is new to me.

Tell me what works for you? Your success and failures in similar scenarios? Ask questions to get more pinpointed to my scenario if you must.



I really do appreciate your having this type of forum available, and I look forward to hearing things from you all soon. Let's all be successful together.



Best,

Josh




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire