samedi 18 avril 2015

Linux Question

I have a Passport external HD for backup. It connects through a USB port. It's really designed for Windows. It's intermittent, but usually my computers don't recognize it. I'm using Suse but have a new laptop that has Ubuntu installed. I want to switch over to the laptop as my main computer but can't because my external HD doesn't work. To be clear, I have 3 computers in total; main desktop, backup desktop, and Gaming Ubuntu laptop. My backup desktop is a dual boot Suse and Win 7.



Both of my desktops have different issues. I want to rebuild them from scratch. Maybe switch to Ubuntu as it is more popular and there is more info online regarding it.



The immediate problem is I can't do a backup from my main PC to the external HD. Without that I can't move data to my new laptop.



Also I can't get permissions on the external HD to work between computers (when it was working). I 777 the whole drive but it gave a different computer read only access. I'd like to be able to move the external HD from computer to computer including windows.





What do you recommend for an external HD? I have close to a TB of data.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire