lundi 14 octobre 2013

Web Developer looking for marketing advice

So I've been a Freelance Web Developer for the past 10 years. I build websites for other design and marketing companies. Life is good but when you have a wife, kids, and a dog you know you have to always be looking for more. Recently I decided it was time to start finding my own clients. Besides the freelance work I also run a small web design business but until recently I spend zero time promoting it. So I figured it was time I started marketing and looking for my own clients.



I notice a lot of businesses have some sort of hook to get new clients. I've seen newsletter signups, ebooks, guides etc......



What I decided to do is give away a free website if you sign up for my affiliate web hosting. They get a premium theme install where they choose from over 80 themes, plugins installed that are essential to any great website, and training with videos and a user manual.



I know I'm giving away a huge value, but even if you built it, and they come, they all don't seem to want it.



Things I'm trying:



1. Craigslist Ads

2. Kijijji Ads (I even upgraded to a featured paid ad)

3. BuySell Ad network. I found a couple lower cost ad campaigns



Things I'm thinking about:



1. Hiring a copywriter - maybe I need to connect better with the reader.

2. Targeted Facebook Ads - never tried this before and have heard good and bad.

3. Maybe free isn't the way to go, maybe charging a small amount would convert more because free means low value to some people.



I know a ton about Web Development, I could probably spend hours in a WordPress forum answering development questions, but with internet marketing I'm a total newbie.



So if you have any advice, thoughts or direction I'd love to hear them and would very much appreciate the help.





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/internet-marketing/9951-web-developer-looking-marketing-advice.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire