dimanche 6 avril 2014

Need help dealing with NYC health department

Hello, I own a catering business in new york city. For the past six years I've been harassed by the new york city health department in regards to inspecting my business. When I first started out, I had the displeasure of an nyc health department inspection. I was fined improperly many times, by inspectors who barely spoke english, and I had to waste my vacation time and sick days going to court to fight violations. Seven years ago, I re-registered my business as a wholesaler of foods and was given a new york state department of agriculture inspection. I want to keep it. Now NYS DOA refuses to re-issue me my state level inspection and license, because the city wants all food manufacturing made in nyc to be inspected by nyc. All because I have a 200 sq ft store that I sell hot food from. I opened my store nearly six years ago to sell whatever extra product I had unsold from my catering orders.



I have a 3000 sq ft facility, 90% of my product goes out of state to places such as CT, NJ, RI, MS, PA, Etc. Some states such as Rhode Island do not have reciprocity for sanitary inspections done by cities and local governments. Only if the inspecting is done on a state level authority like the DOA or FDA.



I want to retain both my store and my state level inspection. The store is my pocket money it bought me and my husband our first house. I was thinking of leaving to jersey, long island or even westchester county. But, 50% of my total catering orders are local. Less than 2 miles. If I leave nyc i'd be losing alot of business.



So please can anyone help me?



Thank, Amy




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire