vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Monitors Work Process and Other Stuff

I have 3 PC's including one laptop I just bought but haven't used yet. I have 2 different monitors and a 42 inch LED TV I use for both a monitor and a TV and two high end desktop PC's.



I like big monitors. I don't like wide screen monitors because you get less on the page before the break. The monitors are a 24 in wide screen and a 28 in non wide screen. I started using the TV as a monitor when I thought the wide screen one failed. It turned out to be a loose connection on a cable. My computers and cables are all buried for a clean look, but it makes repairs a pain.



I was at my partners home / office last week. He's 60 and like me we have both been career sales people. It was slow, but I got to watch his sales style. Our phone pitch and product knowledge is similar. He has two laptops on his desk. He uses one for research when a customer calls and the other for email and quotes.



He does a couple of things differently than I do which I thought were good ideas or methodologies. One thing I do, which I think is the best for me is I try to have an email quote to my customer before we hang up. It makes for mistakes at times and a little sloppier quote. It does make sales because they have the quote and I'm still on the phone with them. I've written software that allows me to make a quote in 2 minutes or so as long as the product is in my database.



What my partner does is write down in a notepad the info for the quote and then do the quote. It could be an order as well. I've tried this, but my handwriting is so bad that I can't even read it and I'm a very slow writer. My partner also does the quote or order after hanging up the phone. This gives him the opportunity to answer another call that could be an order while in my case I'm on the phone and wouldn't know if another call was coming in that could be an order.



Both are style things and have pro's and cons. If I have someone on the phone, I want to close them. My partner wants to politely get the person off the phone so he doesn't miss a call that could be an order. I don't think there is a right or wrong to this. We can get calls on top of each other or it can be slow. Goes in spurts.



I will now have three computers. The laptop (a go fast gaming machine) will be my main computer as it's portable. One I will use with a notepad like program always open for when a customer calls. That will keep me from having to change screens while talking to a customer. I imagine a dual monitor system may be a better way of doing this, but it also gives me a backup of notes on a second computer. Over the years, I have found that by typing into a notepad type of file everything, dating things, and putting keywords in entries has been invaluable. I don't use notepad, but a similar .txt program. If someone calls with an obsolete part number or some other question, I can do a quick search and find if I have any info on it. The .txt file now has 33k lines in it BTW.



Back to monitors. My TV / monitor cost $600 ish and for me has the best resolution. My 28 in monitor isn't made anymore and similar units are several thousand. I think I'm going to just always keep my .txt file open on one PC. I can always email it or PM to copy and paste to my main computer.



Were all in different industries, so it will vary, but what does everybody else do for monitors and business methodology?



FYI - Actually a bored, ain't about to go out shopping post :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire