jeudi 18 décembre 2014

Working with my manager - tips?

Hello. I am wondering if you can give me tips or insight in improving my working relationship with my manager?



I started doing virtual work (social media management) for a car wrapping company (relatively small company, 8 employees) earlier this year and after a few months I was asked to come into the office three days a week to help with organizing paper work. It's been about 4 months now since I've been working in the office and I have been asked to do everything from organizing files to answering phones to managing their clients' social media accounts (three clients). I've been chewed out a few times by my manager who is the knowledge base of the company - she keeps track of everything such as production, design, incoming payments, etc.



Today she said she is unhappy with me because I have not been actively involved in management and that I should know the primary contact to every client by now and be answering the phone more efficiently (such as answering the client directly rather than putting on hold to hand over to her). I understand where she is coming from but I am wondering how do I have her share her knowledge with me efficiently? I don't inquire about activity so often because I feel I am burdening her and she has also told me to "figure it out on my own" in the past. Not to mention a lot happens in the office during the two days I am not there and I do not have access to her email which is where she does most of her work of communicating with clients, sending files to the correct department, etc.



It's weird because I don't really know what is expected of me so I have fallen back on direct work like paying bills, personal assistant work, filing, etc. but they've actually been testing me to see me take the reigns in management.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire