lundi 15 décembre 2014

Thoughts on this type of business?

Hello everyone,



I have had a small idea that's been burning a hole in my head and can't seem to get it off the ground and was looking for some suggestions, and ideally someone to find holes in the process.



My experience has allowed me to be involved in a LOT of responses to tenders, RFPs and mechanical estimating with heavy machinery manufacturing.



My idea includes the following:

- starting a business where I would act as a proposal writer for companies to respond to RFPs. This would include me scouring the various tender sites (such as MERX, BIDDINGO) for clients and preparing responses for them to sell their wares and submitting packages to either contractors (from take-offs, or direct to the purchasing party)

- Preparing quotes for manufacturing and tendering for certain clients who do not have in house reps. This would also allow me to prepare quotations for their sales force as many do their own quotations. I would have a standard timeframe for delivery of quotes depending on the dollar value.



Issue I am fighting with:

- would a company outsource their costing / estimating duties to an outside party as I know it's sensitive information and they may not want to be have this in the public domain

- I have seen freelance estimators post their offerings on such sites as Kijiji and Craigslist but not many in my area which may state that this isn't a viable business.



I've looked to be a manufacturer representative but the majority of products I'm interested in (tunnelling world) are already represented by agents within the Ontario market and they want to see big $ purchases in order to provide any type of cut on the price meaning I would have zero margins until I get to a stage where I can get some type of discount.



Not sure how to get this one off the ground, or if it's even viable but would highly appreciate your input.



Cheers!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire