mercredi 19 mars 2014

Barcode Advice

Hi all. I'm starting a small retail bakery business, and I have a POS that allows me to product numbers as barcodes. I'd like to use a scanner to simplify checkout, like at any store. I don't have any requirements for age of the item, or anything like that; it's just to identify what the item is. I expect to have about 300 items in total.



My question is, should I have simple codes that are essentially integers starting from 1? I was thinking of having almost-human-readable codes, but now I think that's kind of pointless. Also some articles have claimed that short barcodes have less scanning errors. To illustrate, should I have:



CROISSANTALMONDLARGE

CROISSANTALMONDSMALL



or else



CROISS001

CROISS002



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire