lundi 17 mars 2014

I have a business idea but I need some advice

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and new to starting a business. I am in the beginning stages of starting a service based business as a Virtual Concierge. A Virtual Concierge is like a Virtual Assistant however a Concierge has a list of contacts, vendors and other service providers that helps get the job done. However, in my case, I will be doing most of the work myself at first. I have researched other businesses like this and it seems to be a very healthy industry. It's something that I do already for many of my family members and friends, pro bono of course, and I have always thought that starting a business doing the stuff others don't have time to do may work. I'm not expecting to bring in millions of dollars, in fact I will be doing this business on the side and keeping my day job but I do hope that at some point it will get me to the point where I can work at it from home full-time.



My question to all the business owners on this site is, what would you be willing to pay a Virtual Concierge to do for you? I am going to focus on Professionals, Small Business Owners, Leaders and others who may benefit from having as-needed administrative services and don't want to hire an employee.



I also want to know if it's even worth marketing to other small business owners. I know that most small business owners would rather do the work themselves than to pay someone else to do it but at the same time you have so much to fit into a 24 hour day that it's almost impossible to do it all on your own.



Once I get started I will start networking with other businesses who provide services that my clients need and build a list of Preferred Vendors that I could refer them to or use when needed. I am still working out the details for the Preferred Vendors program but I would like to get some input on the business idea and who I can target. I have a website and I am testing this out on my friends and family right now. If you have time you can visit it and let me know your thoughts. Just Task - Home. Of course I used a free site option because I don't want to pay for a domain if the business doesn't pan out. Any advice is helpful.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire