jeudi 20 mars 2014

Telling people that thier idea won't work the way they're doing it.

One of the hardest things about building websites for people who think they have a great idea is getting them to understand that they haven't thought it through. You don't want to discourage people, but some are very unrealistic about how much it takes to make something work online.



Everyone looks at the end result of successes, and most never give any thought to the path that they took to get there, or the amount of resources that it takes to actually run and grow it.



Personally, if asked my opinion I will tell them what I know, what I've done and how certain things work. Once that is done, I'm still going to build the site for them, the way they want it, and give it 110%. After all it's their money and they are the boss.



It's especially difficult when you're dealing with someone who is successful in one area of business and thinks that is enough to dominate another....with no experience, education or knowledge of the industry. I used to go through this all of the time with new bar owners here in Vegas.



My question is, if it were you..would you be appreciative that someone is trying to steer you in the right direction?

If so, what would it take for someone to get you to actually listen?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire