mardi 5 août 2014

New here with business idea...

Hello. I'm new to this forum and would like to bounce an idea I have for a potential business. I just thought of this yesterday so obviously not a lot of thought has gone into this yet.



So a couple of days ago I decided to finally get around to taking pictures of all my personal possessions in and around my home for insurance purposes. I've been wanting to do this for some time but kept putting it off. I've always heard it was a good idea to take pictures of your personal items in case of fire, theft or some other disaster...mainly as proof that you owned the item and to also help jog your memory of all your possessions to submit claims for in case of a disaster. My plan is to put the pictures on a thumb drive and store it in my safe deposit box along with a copy of my insurance policy. I may even try and do a spreadsheet with pictures and more detailed information about each item (like make, model, purchase date, and replacement cost). Well, I ended up taking about 150 pictures...seriously (and I don't even have a very big house). It took me about 2 hours to take all the pictures. Then, I decided to go over to my parents house (who have also expressed wanting to do this for some time) and helped them do the same. They have a bigger house and a lot more possessions than myself, so they had about 250 pictures. My parents are in their 70's and although they know how to take pictures, they would have no idea how to put them on a thumb drive for storage. I think my business idea is probably becoming apparent now. I'm thinking I could do this as a small business, mainly targeting older people who are less tech savvy. I don't think I would be able to do a spreadsheet for them as it would be very difficult and time consuming to gather all the information needed, but I could do the detailed pictures and thumb drive.



Thoughts?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire