jeudi 1 mai 2014

External HD issue

I've had two completely different issues with a 'Passport' brand USB external hard drive. I have a dual boot desktop. Windows and Linux. I want to be able to backup files from windows and Linux. I also want to be able to save the windows files and move them to the Linux side. I have several PC's. So here are my issues:



9 months or more ago, one of the computers took ownership of all the files. I fixed that, I don't remember how. I do know that on the linux side I 777'd the entire drive. That issue hasn't returned.



-----------------------



Now I have a completely different issue. I can save Windows files to the external drive and I can save Linux files to the external drive as well. The problem is Linux doesn't see the Windows files and Windows doesn't see the Linux files. This is a new issue. Before I could go back and forth. I pretty much only use the Win 7 for the editing software program that my GoPro camera has. is only Win and Apple compatible. Pretty cool little camera BTW - at least for sports stuff.



This wouldn't be so puzzling if everything had been consistent. It's when the failure mode changes that gets confusing.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire