vendredi 2 mai 2014

LLC owner/partner contributions to new LLC

I work for a company that is an LLC (LLC-A). My company has partnered with another person to open a second LLC, in which my company is 50% partner and the other person is 50% partner (LLC-B). I am handling the books for both companies.



I understand completely how to account for the owner contributions/draws on the books for LLC-B. What I need help with is how to account for the "expense" on the books for LLC-A that is the owner contribution to LLC-B.



I do think I should set up the contributions to LLC-B as an owner draw since they are not part of LLC-A. I am trying to make sure the books for LLC-A are correct and file the taxes for the year but being unsure of how to account for $60,000 in expenses/draws/whatever is throwing all my numbers off drastically.



In the books for LLC-A: What type of account would the owner contributions to LLC-B be set up as? Are these contributions just straight "other expenses" - and then any distributions from LLC-B would be "other income"? Or should these be set as assets/liabilities/capital? Or is there a third option I am not seeing?



Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire