mardi 6 mai 2014

State of Tennessee is claiming I owe $1200 in taxes on small business

Back in Nov 2013, I filed paperwork to establish a business license. I waited the 10 days like they said and still didn't receive anything. I called and asked for the status and the lady searched for my confirmation number. She said it was a valid number but they had no record of my stuff. She had no idea what had happened. She told me to resubmit new paperwork. I did that.



Soon enough, I got a letter in the mail and thought everything was good. I received a letter saying I had to file taxes every quarter.



Then in March, I received a letter saying that I was past due on my filings and owed $600 based on their formulas for assessed sales. I logged online and filled out a zero sales form for Jan and Feb and thought all was good and the letter notifying my of qtrly filings was to take effect in Q2.



Today I get 2 letters in the mail saying "FINAL NOTICE FOR PAYMENT." I just so happened noticed that there is two different case #'s. I logged online and started searching, and now i have THREE business accounts assigned to me. So today's letters weren't related they are $680 bills for two accounts.



I'm completely lost now. Due to family illnesses, I've planned to close the account after I did the Q1 filings. So am I responsible for $1200 in back taxes in this type of situation? They have a number for me to call tomorrow. I just want everything closed and done with and I'll start fresh when I can focus more. Thoughts? Am I on the hook for this? Thx!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire