mardi 2 décembre 2014

eStore Web Business - Possible Scam

Hello Everyone,



I am new here and to the world of eBusiness and web stores. I have a potential business opportunity that I am a little suspicious of and I thought getting the advice of some objective observers might be helpful:



I found an online eStore with extensive functionality e.g. Paypal, facebook/social media integration, SEO, large catalog of 10,000+ products, for sale for an extremely reasonable price of only $6500. From my limited experience with website building and web freelancers, I have seen that it can cost in the 10s of thousands to build such a website. The owner selling it is a contractor whose client didn't want to complete the project and therefore he just wants to get rid of it but assures me of its potential. The idea is that I would simply list the products on the website and take orders while the manufacturers of the products would ship and process all orders / products meaning I have no inventory and can effectively run the business from a laptop anywhere.



The contractor has provided me with a contract of sale to sign and bank information (Account number and routing number) to send a check for the full amount. He says will provide the website, hosting details, a month of training to get me up to speed and support. The company he runs is out of state for me (Florida) and though it seems like a good opportunity it also seems to good to be true. If there were any problems with the contractor, it would be difficult to proceed with legal action to try and get my money back as it would just not be financially worth it.



The website he showed me looks well done overall and he provided a contract. However, it could very well be a scam as I am unable to find much detailed information about him or his company. Just a few other websites he has done that turned out ok. One of them had malware that was detected by my computer.



Has anyone encountered anything like this before?



It seems like a good opportunity and I think to myself that I don't want to lose money, but $6500 is less than many people have lost going into business for themselves. The concept seems like it would be good semi-passive income. At the same time, no one wants to be cheated.



Any advice, recommendations or commentary would be greatly appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire