samedi 24 janvier 2015

Due Diligence with Manufacturers in China

Hi All,



I am trying to get a novelty product manufactured as inexpensively as possible, and therefore I have decided that manufacturing in China is probably my best bet. The novelty item is a dancing "doll" very much like a singing/dancing Santa Claus doll that you have probably all seen during the holidays.



I have made a non-mechanical prototype so it is very clear what the outside of the doll should look like. For the internal components, I need a dancing module along with a recordable voice module. These are readily found on Alibaba and Globalsources.com. I have found companies on these websites that supply the modules AND provide OEM services.



My question is: has anyone gone through the due diligence process with any Chinese manufacturers? I am not able to travel to China to check on the factory. Therefore I am looking for ideas to do the following from the states: make sure the company exists; make sure the company delivers what it says it will deliver; make sure the company has sufficient quality control processes, etc.



I would love to have my product produced in the U.S., but at this time it's simply too expensive. I would love any advice from anyone just starting out who has dealt with companies on Alibaba or Globalsources.



Thank you!



Linda




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire