lundi 26 janvier 2015

Small Business Etiquette Coming From a MNC

Howdy folks,



I wasn't sure where exactly to post this question as it doesn't really fit on any of the boards, but I figured if there is management talk going on here it was a good place to start. So my apologies if this thread is in the wrong channel -- sometimes people can really get edgy about this in forums haha :)



Anyway, I work/live in the Silicon Valley which is tech start-up central. And obviously the hub of all the main tech companies too. Anyway, I used to work for two very large companies in the area (we've all heard and love them hehe) and I started a new position at a tech start-up. I've never worked in a small business like this.



I'm in a position where I am doing a lot of technical assistance directly with customers. So I see a lot of what people are experiencing, complaining about, requesting and just general ideas from the public. Finding bugs and reading this stuff is sort of helping develop the product and make it better.



So here is my question. I've sort of written up a report, after working with this information for about a month, of ideas and areas of opportunity. But I don't want to be "that guy" who jumps in, barely working there a month, and thinks he has all the answers, and wants to change all this stuff. I don't want to make it seem like my ideas are better then theirs or insult the founders. I mean this is their baby, they've put a lot into this (I work on a team of around 20, maybe less). I'm not used to working in an environment where people are connected to the end-sum quite like that. Like if you're developing a product at an MNC, you have substantial job security and it's not quite that personal. That's not to say they don't take pride in their work, but they didn't give their own money to build the product either.



The feedback I want to give them comes from a purely positive place, I'm just excited about different things and, frankly, I want them to be impressed with me; to show that I have initiative and am good at my job. To those who are bosses and have received your own feedback, how would you recommend I act so that I am handling this with tact, respect, and charm? My thought was to create a thoughtful presentation. Make a graph, show my numbers. My logic was if I took the feedback seriously and presented seriously that shows I actually thought about it, it would be received professionally and seriously thought about.



I have a lot of job experience, I mean obviously they hired me with my resume and actually called my references. And I work directly with customers so I would like to think I have some credibility.



Thanks so much for reading through that essay. It was rather verbose :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire