mardi 13 janvier 2015

Just Getting Started Questions

Hello, I hope to be able to gain some insight on this forum.



I have already begun the researching process on how to start a small business and I have many questions running through my head.



First and foremost, I want to make sure that I start off on the right foot and follow all necessary rules!



I have composed a list of questions that I hope can be answered (or if you could at least point me in the right direction), but first, here are the specifics about my business:



* Location: Florida/out of my home/via the web & to eventually travel to events

* Products: home goods, gifts, accessories (homemade & wholesale)



My Questions

- What is a Certified Copy of fictitious name registration and a Certificate of Status of fictitious name registration? Are they both necessary to have for your business?

- What does registering your fictitious name protect?

- What if someone registers a trademark identical to my fictitious name? What are the consequences?

- The State of Florida requires that once a fictitious name has been registered it must be advertised in a newspaper at least once. Why do I have to do this? What if I don't have anything to advertise yet? What is the time frame?

- What is the standard procedure for registering your fictitious name if you would like to list multiple locations other than your county? Are there additional fees? Additional forms? Etc? Again, I would like to be able to legally travel to other counties within the state to sell my products.

- What is the difference between an FEI number and EIN number? Do I need both?

- What about a tax identification number?



I know that I'll have more questions to come.



Thank you for your time.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire