jeudi 7 avril 2016

Business Ideas and starting it while employed

I just started a job with good pay and really great benefits: 20 days pto, 20 sick days, 2 weeks off in December, 9 holidays off, 9% of my salary put in to retirement, free tuition, etc. Despite all of this, I still and always have dreamed about my own business. This has been a dilemma for years and I have no idea what my passion is and my interest always changes. How do you know what is your real passion (profitable)? I have to say, I can' t think of anything strong interests at the moment.

I did think of doggy daycares because I absolutely love dogs but after doing research it just looks like something I think is worth investing in to me and my lifestyle. I thought about fitness since I used to be in to it but I want a business where I don't have to be there and plus I love food way too much to advocate for healthy clean eating. I've thought about staffing agencies but after working in one I absolutely hate it. I do like my HR job so maybe I can do something with that some day....but really I have other stuff I think I'm more interested in.

I do really love and appreciate alcohol like craft beers, wine, and whiskies. I am definitely not an alcoholic but me and my boyfriend know how to make some good cocktails. I think we have a great taste for food and if I like a dish that tastes really good I learn to make it... A part of me is thinking about one of those chill bar hangouts with good beer, good appetizers and some easy eats, and just a good overall environment. Not like a neighborhood bar or anything like that.

My family does good with business. My parents, uncles and aunts own a business. My sister just bought her 2nd daycare. Also, she wanted to do a beauty salon and suggested I learn to do nails and beauty stuff but I don't think my heart is in it. I don't think I have much interest in it.

So what do you guys think about that "typical" idea of a nice craft beer place with many varieties plus cocktails and good appetizers and plates? Is it possible to open up a side business while being a full time employee? What kind of research would you do to get this started?

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire