lundi 18 avril 2016

Computers

We began using computers at our business in 1994. My father chose Mac because they didn't crash, didn't get viruses, and had their own operating system. We had to have someone build business software for us and it did not do accounting (just sales). We still use the quoting part of that software today. We still do our accounting on a ledger and we must change to doing this on a computer. I've only ever used Mac and I barely understand them. I've always wanted us to change to PC but we never did. We currently use File maker pro and Quickbooks online.

I believe I need the all in one software; sales, inventory management and accounting. But best I can tell only Quickbooks offers this with Premier, and only for PC. They may with Enterprise but I cannot tell from their youtube videos.

Do I change to PC even though I've never used one? I believe I could learn it fairly easy. My mom still works with me and I hate to have her try and learn PC, she's terrible with Mac. I could hire someone who understood PC, and they could learn/do my mom's job. But then they know more about my computers than I do, and they would be handling the accounting (a little concerning).

We use Quickbooks online and there are third party apps for sales and inventory that work with QBO, but I do want certain features and either I cannot contact the developers to answer my questions or they just don't offer the features. They want you to download and try their software but I'm so bad with computers that would be a disaster.

I had one guy come here an propose building an all in one for me for Mac, but I didn't get a good vibe from the situation. I haven't contacted consulting companies because they seem to advertise to larger businesses.

I left a lot out. Its a deep multifaceted problem.

Questions and thoughts are welcome.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire