jeudi 7 avril 2016

What Legal Steps Should I Take To Protect Myself and My Company?

Let me tell you what we're already doing: Ryan, who is currently enrolled in college for server administration (yes, he changed majors he apparently really likes servers lol), and I want to take my web design business and turn it into a larger website management company. Once I have everything from the accident sorted out, which is going to cost $500 plus however much my premium goes up, we're going to write a business plan, marketing plan, and financial plan. We may even write a special Stacktron plan in case we end up in the same exact situation Stacktron got into when it failed.

Now here comes the fun legal stuff: Since I actually made money from the buyout of Stacktron my parents have begun to take my business ventures a lot more seriously, and they're on board for whatever I need to do that involves them. We're going to register the company in Delaware and operate in New Hampshire at a small office space we're renting for $300 a month. We are going to register the company as a c-corporation. My ownership will be cosigned by my parents until I turn 18 along with them acting as my proxy if needed. My dad also wants to buy 1% of the company and then wants to sell it once I turn 18 to me making me the majority shareholder in the company. I will own 11% at that point and Ryan will own 10% assuming he doesn't buy more.

I have a few questions for all you SBFers: Other than our partnership agreement, should I have a pre-made NDA written up for our clients to sign? Should I write an agreement for them to sign unless they decide they want to write it?

Since we're on the topic of the company what steps should I take to hire independent contractors? If the workload becomes too much I want to hire on-site independent contractors to help with it and hire them as we expand into other things like graphic design, financial management, business development, etc. as I already do business development, financial advisory, and website design for a few local companies in my area. However, if we make enough money to I want to begin to hire employees to the company within the next 5 years. What should I do there?

Thanks guys c:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire