samedi 2 avril 2016

Long distance walking business idea

I am an experienced backpacker, and regularly go on long distance hikes. I just got back from a 36 day hitchhiking trip in which I travelled to 16 different states plus Washington DC with nothing but a backpack, and the clothes on my back. I've done this before, but this time was different in that I consistently updated my social media with posts of everything I was doing, and all the exciting places I walked to.
While I was doing this, several people messaged me, saying that they would like to have an adventure like the one I was on, but they didn't know how to start, they didn't have the gear, or they were too afraid to do it alone.

So an idea was planted in my mind to earn a small additional income by charging people to guide them on long distance walking and/or hitchhiking trips for groups of up to 3 or four people. This would include walking 10 to twelve hours a day and camping on the side of the road, or in motels along the way if they want to pay for that.

I would charge a rate of maybe $100 per day per group. I could stock up on gear and offer rentals if people don't have their own backpacks, sleeping bags, bivy sacks, or whatever. And since I am a photographer/videographer, I could also offer a video or photos of their adventure for an additional charge. Also, I would be willing to offer training/conditioning sessions before the trip to help prepare people who are not currently able to walk long distances.

The first potential problem that comes to my mind would be if someone were to be injured along the way. I don't have any experience owning a business, but I imagine that if someone is paying me to take them on a journey, they could sue me if they get hurt. Would it be enough to have them sign some kind of waiver beforehand that says I'm not liable for any injuries?

Other than that, I don't see any hangups that could come along or prevent me from following through on this. I'm not trying to make a living off this idea, just make some extra money doing the stuff I love to do while I am still young enough to do it.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire