samedi 10 janvier 2015

Questions about setting up a new business...

I want to present my idea and how I would like to set it up for simplicity, but also make sure I am not missing something. I appreciate any feedback.



I am starting a pawn business at one location. This is more or less an upscale pawn business, to an extent. We will basically deal in guns, jewelry and newer electronics (clean looking items, not junk). We will sell new guns and ammo... and we will have a separate dedicated home theater demo room where we will have new audio equipment for sale, although most of it will be on a special order basis. Of course we will buy gold and jewelry and a few other items, and sell the same. We will also do check cashing and a few other minor things, but all will basically fall up under the pawn shop business.



For marketing purposes I want to have specific names for the primary segments. For example... on my sign out front it will have three business names:



XYZ Firearms

Guns / Ammo / Self Defense

-----------------------------------------

XYZ Audio Video

Home Theater Showroom

-----------------------------------------

XYZ Pawn

Not Your Average Pawn Shop



Something to that effect anyway.



This way I can have a website for XYZ Firearms and mainly focus on SEO for guns... as well as deal with the various gun broker sites with that name... and not the XYZ Pawn shop name.



Same thing for the audio video business. I can setup a website for XYZ Audio Video and advertise AV products. Post listings for equipment on various audio classified sites and not have to show that it is coming from a pawn shop. When I deal with audio distributors, I am using my audio name, not a pawn shop name, which some might frown on, since the pawn business sometimes gets a bad rep. Think shows like hardcore pawn... think going to so many pawn shops and seeing junk all over the place. This won't be the case with us, but getting past that mentality is a challenge.



So all this is done in one building, yet all dba's share the same tax ID number under a single holding company. All the sales tax is paid under one name, the holding company. Hopefully I can get one business license, and one insurance policy to cover the holding company and the dba businesses.



*** The bank account is under one name... funds for all sales go into the same cash register and are deposited in the same bank account. I can't see getting three bank accounts and having to keep up with three cash registers, three sets of books... just doesn't make sense, not since it is all somewhat related. The pawn business sells new and used guns, new and used audio equipment. The basic premise is to highlight some of the segments and take advantage of their market niche to get folks in the shop and have better separation for Internet marketing.



Seem reasonable... am I missing anything significant in my thinking?



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire