dimanche 1 septembre 2013

Opening up a storefront in Colorado Springs as a Computer Technician.

I used to work in a different part of the country as a mobile computer repair guy more as a hobby as anything else. It would of been nice to of been my full time job but I didn't really know how to advertise or market myself. But the more I've thought about it, I realized my biggest problem was, well that part of the Country was Kansas City and my wife and I just never really connected with anyone out there so we weren't recognized by the community.



My primary source of advertising was on Craigslist, so maybe about 3 decent customers a week. Occasionaly there would be a large uptick in good paying jobs as I'd meet the pastor of a church or a small business owner who then would refer me to a number of friends.



And that's the solution to my problem. I need to join a Church, start volunteering at some charities - maybe even take a community college class, open up a shop at the farmer's market (my wife's an excellent cook, we could sell thai food dishes.) After doing for a few months with a decent reputation we could open a store front. Then we could host events, throw latenight weekend LAN parties, charity drives. Let people know I accept the digital currency bitcoin and litecoin for payments.



Thanks to the economy there are empty storefront's open everywhere around here. A couple of them are right on the main road by a huge liquor store that get's heavy traffic.



But here's where I got a few questions. We traveled here in an RV. It's pretty large and comfortable but RV parks here are quite pricey. Could I sell it to raise capital and instead live in the back room of the shop we set up? This would cut down on expenses and work out great for us as my wife does her business online but she could also watch for customers while I did mobile repair jobs. She also knows some basics of PC repair, I could teach her more and she could manage

to reinstall OS's, drivers, diagnosis problems.



What's the process for buying a cash register, processing credit card payments, actually we might install our own ATM machine because there wouldn't be any nearby, not for a couple of blocks.



Maybe there's a class or a book I can pick up on this subject. I do know the process for LLC's and such.





via Small-Business-Forum.net http://www.small-business-forum.net/starting-your-business/9579-opening-up-storefront-colorado-springs-computer-technician.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire